A Simple and Delicious Way to Get Your Greens
Looking for an easy and delicious way to prepare a green smoothie? Look no further than this chlorella banana smoothie!
Chlorella is a nutrient-rich algae that is known to improve the overall health and wellbeing. The combination of banana and chlorella makes a sweet and creamy smoothie in no time. So if you’re looking for a healthy snack, be sure to give this recipe a try!
I’ve always loved blending bananas with milk: the resulting smoothie is so creamy and it’s the easiest way to use up bananas that are too ripe.
And then, adding chlorella to the mix takes this smoothie to the next level: not only does it add a boost of nutrients, but it also gives the smoothie a beautiful green color.
My kids also love this smoothie because it’s sweet and they feel like if they where drinking matcha latte (which they don’t usually get because of its caffeine content).
So, although this recipe is so simple it’s almost unnecessary to write it down, I’m sharing it with you anyway in case you need some guidance on how to make a green smoothie that tastes like a treat.
To make this chlorella banana smoothie, you will need:
If you’re not familiar with chlorella, it’s a type of algae that’s known as a super-food that provides beneficial nutrients such as protein, iron, vitamin C or omega-3.
Chlorella may also have some ”detox” properties, enhancing your body’s ability to get rid of toxins.
Taken as is, it tastes somehow grassy and on the bitter side, so it’s not really something you’d want to eat on its own.
But when added to this banana smoothie, its flavor is barely noticeable.
The ripest the banana you use for this recipe, the sweeter your smoothie will be.
I like to use bananas that are starting to get brown spots on the skin: they’re usually a little too soft for my taste to eat them as they are, but they make for the sweetest smoothies.
If you’d like a creamier smoothie, with more like a milkshake texture, you may use previously frozen bananas.
Feel free to use your preferred type of milk.
I usually use cow’s whole milk in my banana milk smoothies.
How to make a chlorella banana smoothie
How to make chlorella banana smoothie
- Gather ingredients
Peel the banana, cut it roughly if you want, and put it with the other ingredients in a blender or a blending-safe recipient.
Blend until smooth.
- To make this smoothie creamier, I don’t recommend adding ice cubes (since that would make the smoothie watery), but using frozen banana
- Banana is usually very easy to blend, so any type of blending device will make for a creamy smoothie.
- This chlorella banana smoothie is best enjoyed immediately after it’s made. If you have leftovers, keep them in the fridge for no more than a couple of hours.
Chlorella Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 tsp. Chlorella Powder
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 Cup Milk of choice
- Peel the banana, cut it roughly and put it with the chlorella and the milk in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy right after blending.
- If you want to make sure your smoothie doesn’t taste like chlorella, you may try adding only half teaspoon first
- If the banana you’re using is very small or if you’d like your drink sweeter, feel free to use 2 bananas.
- To make this smoothie thicker, use previously frozen banana.
And that’s it! A simple, yet delicious and nutritious smoothie that’s perfect for a snack or a light breakfast. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!