Ginger Matcha Latte – Easy and Delicious
A simple recipe to make delightful spicy matcha latte
I am excited to share with you a delicious and warming recipe for Ginger Matcha Latte.
There’s nothing better than a warm, cozy beverage on a chilly day, and this Ginger Matcha Latte is the perfect pick-me-up.
The recipe combines the flavor profiles of matcha and ginger in a surprisingly delicious way: matcha makes for a comforting flavor while the ginger adds a hint of spiciness that will warm you up from the inside out.
And if you’re new to matcha, don’t worry!
This recipe is easy to follow and you’ll be a pro in no time.
Plus, making your own matcha latte at home is not only fun but also a great way to save money.
So, grab your favorite mug and let’s get started on making this delicious Ginger Matcha Latte. Trust me, once you try it, you’ll be hooked!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means, if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Here you can read my affiliate disclosure.
What you’ll need
- You can also make ginger tea with dried ginger tea.
- Sweeten (or leave it as is) according to your taste
- Make it vegan by using your preferred milk alternative.
How to do it
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to make matcha ginger latte
- Make ginger tea
Peel and grate ginger root (look for alternatives * and ** bellow under “Tips”).
Let steep in fresh boiled water for 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare milk
In the meanwhile, warm the milk and eventually, froth it (this is optional). Pour in the mug you’ll be drinking from.
- Make matcha ginger concentrate
Strain the ginger tea, adding a little amount of this yellowish warm water (2-3 Tbsp) to the matcha.
Whisk with a matcha whisker or with a battery driven milk frother.
If you don’t have any of these, just use a spoon or shake it in a tightly closed container.
Combine the ginger tea and your ginger matcha concentrate with the milk. Optionally, sweeten to taste.
- *The easiest way to peel the ginger root is with a spoon.
But if you don’t want to peel it, you may also skip the peeling.
- ** If you don’t have a grater, you can also make ginger tea by cutting it in slices and simmering in water for 5-10 minutes.
- Feel free make this recipe your own by assembling it in the order you prefer. For instance:
- you can pour the ginger tea over the milk or vice versa
- froth the milk or leave it as is
Ginger Matcha Latte Recipe
- Handheld frother Or matcha whisker
- ½ Inch Ginger root (1-1,5 cm)
- ½ Cup water 125 ml
- ½ Cup milk of choice 125 ml
- ½ tsp. matcha I used culinary grade
- honey or sugar to taste (Optional)
- Start by peeling and grating some fresh ginger root.Put it in a cup and pour freshly boiled water over it.Let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- While you wait, warm up some milk and froth it if you like.Pour the milk into a mug.
- Strain the ginger tea and add a small amount of it (about 2-3 tablespoons) to the matcha tea powder.Whisk the matcha with a matcha whisk or a battery-driven milk frother.If you don't have either of those, just use a spoon or shake it in a tightly closed container.
- Combine everything together and optionally sweeten to taste.
- My favorite trick to peel ginger is using a spoon:
- If you don’t have a grater, you can make ginger tea by simmering sliced ginger in water for around 5-10 minutes
- Feel free to use dried ginger tea instead of fresh ginger
If you’re looking for a unique and flavorful beverage, this Ginger Matcha Latte is definitely worth trying!
Looking for more warming recipes? Check these easy-to-make hot drinks:
I had never thought of this combination of Matcha and Ginger!
But now that I think about it, it’s surely worth trying it. Thank you very much for this new idea combining two ingredients I love!
Thank you for your words! I was’t a fan of ginger, but I find this combination quite appealing. I hope you enjoy it!