Have you ever wondered if apples and pears taste good together in a smoothie?
The answer is yes!
This is exactly what this easy smoothie recipe is about: a healthy apple pear smoothie that only needs 4 ingredients and tastes like a treat.
If you are looking for a creamy smoothie recipe that tastes like apple pie, this is your recipe.
This Apple Pear Smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast or snack, specially in autumn and winter.
It is loaded with vitamins, provides a great amount of protein and it satisfies your sweet tooth without the need of any additional sweeteners.
5 reasons to love this smoothie
What you’ll need for this recipe
Variations for this smoothie
- Too thick for your taste? Add 1/4 of your milk of choice. Swapping Greek yogurt for low-fat yogurt will also make the consistency of the smoothie less thick while cutting on calories.
- For a slushy texture, use frozen fruit. You’ll then need to add around a cup of milk to the blend.
- For a smoother texture: you may add 1 banana and 1 cup of milk.
- How to make it vegan: substitute the yogurt for a plant-based alternative. Homemade soy kefir also works great for this smoothie.
- Other spices that go well: for a more pie-like taste, add a pinch of apple pie spices and vanilla.
How to make apple pear smoothie
As with most smoothies, making this one is as easy as it gets:
Time needed: 5 minutes.
How to make a smoothie with apple and pear
- Prepare the fruits
Wash the apple and pear. Core and chop the fruit.
- Blend everything together.
It’s easier to blend when the softest ingredients are closest to the blades.
For example, if you are using a hand mixer, first add the apples, followed by pear and yogurt at last.
On the contrary, when using a food processor or blender in which the blades are below, it’s best to first pour the yogurt, than the pear and apple on the top.
FAQs about this apple pear smoothie
You don’t have to peel them before blending, unless you prefer to do it (I usually peel my pears).
One of the beauties of this smoothie is it’s crispy texture, almost chewable.
But if you prefer smoother smoothies, try adding a tablespoon almond butter, a banana and 1 cup of milk to it.
Keep in mind than with these add-ons you will get nearly double the amount of smoothie (3-4 servings as opposed to the original 1-2).
Yes, these fruits can be frozen; just remember to core and chop them before putting them in the freezer.
You can blend them either when they are still frozen or defrost them at room temperature first.
If you blend them when they are still frozen, you’ll need to add an extra cup of milk (any type will do).
Apple pear smoothie recipe
- 1 Blender or food processor
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- Cinnamon or Apple pie spice to taste
- Wash, core and chop your fruit.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- When using frozen apple and/or pear, add and 1 cup of milk
- If the texture is too thick, add 1/4 cup of milk of choice
- Substitute Greek yogurt for low fat yogurt for a skinny version or for soymilk kefir for a vegan smoothie
If you’re looking for a fresh, easy-to-make smoothie that will satisfy your sweet cravings, look no further than this apple pear smoothie. Give it a try today!