Avocado banana green smoothie
Naturally sweet and deliciously creamy: a green smoothie that tastes like a treat
Here is the creamiest green smoothie ever: avocado banana smoothie, a fruit and veggie packed drink that tastes better as dessert.
I bet this green avocado smoothie will be your new favorite way of getting nutrients and staying healthy when you’re craving something sweet (you won’t even need any sweetener!).
Benefits of drinking green smoothies
We all know that leafy green vegetables are healthy, as they provide with lots antioxidants, fiber and are low in calories.
Drinking them makes it easy to get more of these veggies in your diet, so, it’s no secret that green smoothies are great for you.
That said, personally, I’ve never been much of a smoothie person as I prefer to chew my food.
Also, eating vegetables isn’t an issue for me so drinking them seemed like overkill.
But one of my kids won’t eat spinach (among many other greens), so I often thought that making some green smoothie would be a good idea.
However, it just seemed too much work to make one without a juicer and I wasn’t sure if they would like the taste anyway.
And then, I had a teeth surgery that left me without solid food for almost a week. Cooking and watching my family eat was difficult to bear!
So I came to the idea of blending some ingredients we had in the kitchen at the moment.
I wanted something sweet and indulging, but at the same time, as healthy as possible.
That’s how this creamy avocado banana green smoothie was born!
And it turned out even better than expected. Even the kids LOVED it!
So, the next time you want to take some greens but feel like having a treat, try this delicious smoothie!
You’ll also love: Super creamy avocado chai
Nutrients you’ll get with this Avocado banana green smoothie
This drink may be a healthy alternative to snacks, but it’s still quite high in calories, so I recommend having it as an occasional treat.
That said, it’s packed with truly good things:
- Avocado is a very nutritious fruit that provides with lots of vitamins and minerals, healthy fats and a significant amount of dietary fiber.
- Bananas are a great source of vitamin B6, fiber and potassium, contributing to better cardiovascular health as well as gut health.
- Spinach is a low caloric superfood loaded with iron, calcium and magnesium among many other nutrients. It may improve blood sugar levels, fight cancer cells and prevent asthma.
- Almond milk: you can use any type of milk for this smoothie. I like using unsweetened almond milk because it goes well with most flavors and it has less calories than cow’s milk, but my kids prefer it with dairy. Your choice!
This smoothie is quite flexible: it tastes well even if you adapt the proportions, but you can the quantities I usually use in the recipe card below
Swaps and add-ons
Avocado banana green smoothie
- Blender or hand mixer
- 1 avocado
- 2 bananas
- 1 oz. spinach
- 1 and ½ cup unsweetened almond drink
- Vanilla extract to taste (optional)
- Gather ingredients and prepare them; wash your leafy greens if they are fresh (I use frozen spinach), peel banana and avocado.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- You may take these quantities as guidelines: it will also taste good with more or less of anything.
- Not sure how to cut your avocado? Try this hack to easily cut avocados
I hope you enjoy this avocado banana green smoothie recipe: it’s a delicious and nutritious way to indulge!
Be sure to share your experience if you try it out for yourself, so I can see how much you liked it.
I’m always excited to read your comments!
Thanks for such a lovely idea. It looks so creamy and delicious, I can hardly wait to try it!
I am so honored, thank you for commenting!
This idea is so amazing. Every ingredient is healthy but it’s so creamy and tasty.
It’s hard to believe it’s healthy, right? I am very grateful for you comment. It makes me very happy that you liked this recipe!