An original green smoothie to get your greens even if you don’t have spinach
I very often say about my smoothies: “this is so tasty, it’s difficult to believe it’s healthy!”.
And every time, I mean it: I’m always honest about my recipes!
That’s why I’ll also begin this post with the truth about this recipe: this smoothie tastes good, but it does also taste “healthy”, if you know what I mean.
You’ll taste some greens (although you won’t probably realize it’s parsley) and you’ll get subtle hints of the ginger.
But still, the pineapple gives the perfect amount of fruity sweetness and the avocado (which you won’t taste) makes for a delicious creamy texture, so I find this smoothie a real pleasure.
In fact, I’m just typing this words as I sip this smoothie, and I’m genuinely enjoying it!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means, if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Here you can read my affiliate disclosure.
How this recipe came by
I wish I had a more interesting story to share, but this smoothie came to my mind because of two reasons:
- We wanted to use up ginger and avocado we had at home before going on a vacation
- The parsley plant in our balcony was getting very big and I was looking for a way to use lots of it
So I closed my eyes, tried to imagine what flavor would go well with these ingredients and realized, I had to try it with pineapple.
And it was exactly the perfect taste profile!
Pineapple is also a beloved ingredient for detox recipes (as also parsley and ginger are).
So, it you are looking for a detox smoothie, this might be one you want to try!
What you’ll need
A medium/strong blender will make it easier to get a creamy smoothie
Parsley is a low caloric herb that’s considered one of the strongest plants when it comes to health benefits .
It’s a great source of Vitamin A, B, C, K and antioxidants such as carotenoids.
RELATED: The best recipe to make parsley tea
This deliciously sweet and juicy fruit is low in calories and provides a good amount of vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin C and Manganese among others.
It’s also a great source of fiber.
And as the only known food source of bromelain, it might help with weight loss, aid digestion, offer anti-inflammatory properties and help skin healing .
This nutritionally rich fruit is packed with monounsaturated fats, potassium, fiber and folate among others.
You can learn more about its benefits and tricks about how to cut in my article Avocado for beginners.
How to make this smoothie
Making smoothies is usually very straight forward and this one is no exception!
However, you may want to consider these tricks to make the process as easy and good as possible:
- Wash well all your raw ingredients
- Peel your ginger with a spoon: in my opinion this is by far the easiest method.
By the way, if you can’t remove all the skin, it’s also okay: the skin of ginger is edible
- The ingredient ratio I use makes a smoothie on the thicker side.
If you’d prefer it thinner, you can increment the amount of juice.
Parsley Ginger Smoothie RecipePrint Recipe
- Blender I highly recommend using a strong one for this recipe
- 1 Cup Fresh parsley (coarsely chopped) 20 gr.
- ½ Cup Pineapple juice 120 ml.
- 1 Cup Diced pineapple (I use canned) 200 gr.
- ½ Avocado 70 gr.
- ½ Inch Ginger root 1,2-1,5 cm
- Wash the parsley, wash and peel the ginger and make sure the pineapple and avocado are peeled and diced.
- Blend everything together until smooth.
- It’s easier to blend everything it you put the pineapple juice and the softest ingredients near the blade.
I hope you enjoy this smoothie!